What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
- The Business Systems & Data Executive is responsible for the support, maintenance, and management of the WIM (Wholesale Information Management)/ISSx (Integrated Sales System Extended) systems, which are the key data source of BAT BeLux.
- The executive contributes to the performance of the BELUX Marketing Organization in the maximization of the processes in order to release BELUX data effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure that all critical business processes and data needs, covers training/documentation needs and reporting needs in order to measure the company’s performance against the defined targets.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
The BeLux organisation is composed of 2 markets; Belgium and Luxembourg;
The management organisation of BAT BeLux is distributed by Brussels;
The WIM/ISSx solutions are used on daily/weekly/monthly basis to provide the figures on time. BeLux functions are responsible for delivery across the whole business.
The need for strong collaboration and team working across the geographies and stakeholder management is critical.
Business Systems & Data Manager
Number of Direct Reports
- Marketing and supporting organizations (TCS), BeLux Field force teams, BeLux Channel Account team, BeLux Supply Chain, BeLux Sales Support teams
External – Wholesalers, Parity Support, TCS India,External training and software providers
Operations/ Professional/ Business
- Set up new Data from A to Z in the Datawarehouse by respecting the implemented processes and rules.
- Monitor & maintain data in the ISSx tool and Datawarehouse.
- Execute & implement training plan for BO for all BELUX users including Field Force(TMR’s/ASM’s) and back office users.
- Provide functional and technical support to all users to ensure seamless execution
- Responsible for the Datawarehouse, as well as ensuring data consistency and alignment.
- Business Lead for the future developments of ISSx and trade systems for BAT BLX
- Identify reporting needs, develop and implement in order to generate more insights.
- Business Lead in projects and support the Project Manager during the implementation the upgrades & new launches in order to be in line with BAT Global strategy.
- Manage internal demand in the BLX for BO & Petra, support and drive the implementation of solutions & new developments to meet business requirements.
- Accountable for the monitoring of the support level in accordance with the SLA’s.
- Act as Business Leader to translate the business requirements into systems solutions.
- Define system procedures, communicate them to the field force & back office users & check on follow up.
- Communicate to all BO/WIM & Petra users about system changes, updates, new ways of working.
- Proactive and problem solver is critical.
- Drive the setup and implementation of innovations in the systems in line with new business requirements.
- Support high performing teams (Key account, internal CRM and BO users)
- Provide direction and focus.
- Be the single point of contact with regards WIM and Business Objects issues & enhancements (TCS India, Parity), as well as ISSx issues and development (Parity).
- Be the single point of contact with regards to Data mining.
- Represent BAT in global WIM meeting.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree or equal by experience
- Knowledge of Trade and Brand strategies
- Knowledge of Trade Marketing operational planning process
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Problem solving
- Ability to adapt to change, prioritize & act with little or no disruption to every day requirements
- Ability to operate independently whilst being results-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Planning and organization skills
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Strong IT literacy: Customer Relation Management systems, SQL, databases (Oracle), data warehouses, reporting, Microsoft Office (Excel skills is a big asset).
- Analytical and critical mind
- In depth knowledge of business systems (Business Objects version 4.1 Pack 7 ) & Business Information
Key Success Factors:
- Ensuring the flawless running of the WIM & Business Objects solutions and their components
- Ensuring ongoing availability of a consistent and integrated BI Solution
- Adhere to deadlines of Corporate Calendar.
- Accountable for the master data management in WIM/ISSx tool (ETL).
- Support, understanding and monitoring of automatic processes in WIM, such as interfaces from TaO to WIM and backwards
- Accountable for the consistency of the sales and figures between TaO and WIM.
- Delivery of timely and high-quality data
- Take initiative, be service minded
- Excellence in communication (interdepartmental, external suppliers and services, field force)
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.