This position involves decision making in the areas of chemistry, analysis, laboratory capabilities, methodology, equipment maintenance, data quality, and workflow.Duties include method development and validation, implementation and troubleshooting of existing methods, and supporting the development and implementation of laboratory policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development and validation of new analytical methods.
- Performs analyses and routine data review as needed.
- Interacts with formulation scientists and other cross functional team members concerning lab capabilities and interpretation of results.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and improvement of existing methods and procedures and instrument hardware and software problems
- Evaluates test results for suitability and designates acceptability.
- Enter analytical results from 3rd party laboratories in lab database
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the analytical function with respect to new analytical technologies, procedures and/or processes.
- Support the preparation of relevant internal documentation and ensure all are approved prior to full production start-up.
- Help compiling technical reports throughout the product development process.
- Ensure all individual work adheres to RB Global Quality Manuals and relevant legislative, regulatory and health & safety requirements, including appropriate quality
- Support the development and implementation of laboratory policies and procedures
- Set up stability studies in laboratory information management system (LIMS)
- Assists in the management of daily laboratory activities.
- A bachelor’s degree in chemistry or a related field with a minimum of one-year laboratory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with general laboratory equipment such as HPLC, Titrator, GC, ICP-MS and Karl-Fischer is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to work in challenging, fast-paced environment on varied projects.
- Understanding of the separation mechanisms, uses of chromatography and interpretation.
- Understanding of analytical instrumentation and how it operates.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a bias for action.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with MS Windows, Access, Excel, and Word.
- Familiar with documentation requirements for cGLP/cGMP and 21 CFR Part 111 compliance a plus.
Want a role with real-world impact? As an R&D Assistant, Analytical at RB, you’ll have the freedom to help develop products that touch millions of lives. Worldwide.
Competitive Salary & excellent benefits package
Focusing on one of our categories – Health, Home or Hygiene - you’ll help drive technical product development on key projects. Working with experts from different teams, you’ll analyse, interpret and evaluate test results and consider their implications. Ultimately, you’ll help us create new products. Products that solve real problems and improve the lives of millions of people globally.
You’ll succeed because……you’re a creative and tenacious problem solver. You’ve worked in laboratories before so you’re familiar with the methods and techniques used. Degree qualified in a scientific discipline, you’re also able to communicate effectively with colleagues from different fields. Independently minded, you’ve a healthy curiosity and will actively seek out additional information when you need it.
You’ll love it because……you’ll get to make an impact like never before. You’ll be responsible for your own projects - we can’t wait to listen to your ideas. The products you help us get out there will make people’s lives better. Our iconic brands will provide an incredible platform for you. And our dynamic, ownership-driven culture will help bring the very best out of you, every day.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organisation.
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by appropriate law. All hiring decisions are made based on merit, competence and business need.