VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 Enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The VMware Global Account Program serves approximately 100 of VMware’s largest customers. These premier accounts are managed by teams of experienced Global Account Managers (GAM) and Global Solution Consultants (GSCs) with the objective to establish a significant VMWare footprint in the largest and most influential corporations worldwide. Our selling is focused on our customers primary business initiatives and connecting our value to our customers business value. Our Value Selling strategy is the investment of time, talent and technology from VMWare and our partners to invent (transform) our customers business for their benefit. This strategic objective is being accomplished using a highly focused and experienced account management, marketing, and engineering teams, as well as substantial executive level engagement.
Job Role and Responsibility:The GSC is responsible for the overall customer journey, influencing technology and innovation decisions to accelerate business outcomes. The GSC takes a consultative approach fostering deep customer relationships and long-term strategies. In close partnership with the GAM, the GSC inspires the vision and orchestrates the execution of extended team resources globally to drive results. Through all stages of the customer journey, the GSC maintains oversight: generating initial demand, creating a transformation strategy, validating complex solutions, demonstrating a tangible business case, and measuring value realization to the customer.
- Inspired Leadership: Act as an inspired leader for a large extended team of virtual resources with the ability to ensure consistent and effective team engagement with optimal usage of resources along with the ability to introduce new ideas and methods to both the customer and within VMwar
- Account Management: Co-leads account management and strategy with the Global Account manager developing the long-term strategy and transformational journey with consultative selling approach
- Business Cases/Value Selling: Builds business cases including ROI and TCO analysis to quantify value realization of the solution
- Customer Intimacy: Maintains access and influence with key business and technical stakeholders
- Operational Command: Maintains operational command of the business through demand generation and solution validation; coordinates campaign execution across sales, products, services and support teams to accelerate the sales cycle
- Persuading/Influencing: Become a trusted advisor to the customer’s executives, senior management and technical decision makers with the ability to articulate market trends and the value of VMware solutions to develop new business opportunities
- Communication: Deliberate and effective communications both within VMW (team, BU's, exec)
- Proficient in enterprise solution selling including products, services, and support
- Ability to collaborate with multiple groups globally to inspire alignment and execution
- Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills at the executive level
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
- Consultative selling skills and business awareness
- Ability to see and present “the big picture” and offer solutions to drive business value
- Consistent track record of successfully driving multi-millions of sales campaigns of solutions and services
- Fluent in English
Preferred Skills:Our team looks for candidates who embody our ‘EPIC2’ values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community. Team members who are logically curious, interpersonal, customer focused and able to find the humor in situations tend to thrive at VMware.
- A minimum of 10-years of pre-sales experience in an enterprise software organization and/or a large consulting company
- Charismatic personality and a self-starter with a high level of commitment and energy
- English and French language fluency preferred
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-06-29 Global Accounts: VMware’s Global Account team plays a vital role in our company’s success. We serve more than 100 of VMware’s largest customers, who contribute more than $1 billion a year in new product and services revenue. We’re obsessed with our customers’ success, and we’re laser-focused on finding new ways to help them overcome challenges, generate greater revenue, and exceed their business goals. Our key strategy is called Co-Innovation, where we work with customers to apply the right talent and technology from VMware and our partners to transform the customer’s business for their benefit. Are you ready to help us grow VMware’s presence among our premier customers? As part of our team, you’ll gain the skills, knowledge, experience, and confidence to boldly drive new business solutions for some of the world’s largest and most influential companies.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Systems-EngineeringJob ID: R2008528 Montreal,Quebec