Real Estate, Lodging & Leisure Investment Banking Group
Houlihan Lokey’s Real Estate, Lodging & Leisure Investment Banking group, known internally as the Real Estate Strategic Advisory Practice, advises public and private REITs, REOCs, developers and other owner / operators of real estate on structuring transformational transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs and restructurings. With local market knowledge and a global investor reach, our senior bankers can access the leading public, private and institutional real estate investors and lenders.
More specifically, we offer objective, unbiased advice involving:
- Public and private M&A
- Corporate property monetization
- Equity and debt placement
- Property dispositions
- Strategic and financial advisory
Financial Analysts work on transactions that provide exposure to a variety of investment banking services within the real estate industry, including mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, private placements of debt and equity, refinancings and leveraged buyouts. You will work with a highly talented and dedicated staff of professionals who will give you broad exposure to the many different issues and concerns affecting businesses today. You will research and analyze financial statements, general and industry-specific economic conditions and developments, acquisitions and divestitures and various investment attributes of publicly traded and private securities companies.
Basic QualificationsHoulihan Lokey is seeking an experienced financial analyst to join the Real Estate, Lodging & Leisure Investment Banking group in the New York office. The financial analyst will work on a range of real estate transactions and restructurings. The group's engagements principally include public and private M&A, corporate and asset-level restructuring, equity and debt placement, property and portfolio dispositions, and strategic and financial advisory services. Applicants should have a bachelor's degree in finance, real estate finance or related discipline; no Class of 2019 or 2020 graduates, please.
- 2-3 years real estate investment banking, restructuring or capital markets experience
- Candidates should have experience running financial models, generating asset or portfolio level pro formas, and conducting market research
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with proven background in financial modeling using Microsoft Excel
- Excellent logical reasoning ability, with proven ability to interpret and summarize legal agreements
- Nuanced understanding of real estate valuation theory, methodologies and applications
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team and individually
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V