PROJECT COORDINATORAutomotive and Autonomous Mobility - Global New Mobility coalition (GNMC)
CENTRE FOR THE FOURTH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION, SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Relocation and visa support are not available for this role.
The World Economic Forum’s Shaping the Future of mobility Platform is committed to harnessing technological improvements for improving mobility equity, safety and sustainability through multi-stakeholder cooperation. The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas. The Global New Mobility Coalition (GNMC), curated by the World Economic Forum, is an active and diverse community of over 100 globally renowned experts, NGOs and companies for accelerating the shift to Shared, Electric and Autonomous Mobility (SEAM) system that provides for healthier cities, reduces carbon emissions by 95%, improves mobility efficiency by 70%, and decreases commuting costs by 40%, while tapping into a 600 billion-dollar business. The GNMC publicly communicates a sustainable mobility vision to civic, public and private stakeholder in order to catalyse supply and demand for carbon neutral mobility ecosystem by 2050.
Why we are recruitingThe Global New Mobility Coalition (GNMC)is looking for a bright, energetic and diligent project coordinator to support the Coalition’s members engagement, events and workshops coordination, awareness building virtual task forces facilitation, social-media content and distribution support, as well as serving its global city work groups’ needs. This is a full-time Forum Project Coordinator position.
Reporting lines and interactionsReporting to the Lead for the Global New Mobility Coalition (GNMC), World Economic Platform for Shaping the Future of Mobility. Based in San Francisco.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Excel as a coordinator for GNMC initiatives and projects.
- Provide administrative support, including arranging conference calls and meetings, taking minutes, updating information in Salesforce.
- Update important GNMC documents, such as project dashboards and marketing materials; provide support with the preparation of key documents and communications.
- Manage event invitations and logistics for Regional and Annual Forum meetings, external workshops and stakeholder meetings organized by the team; serve as the participant communications focal point for GNMC events.
- Help manage the GNMC’s digital platforms by curating content and engaging with the community.
- Facilitate a diverse portfolio of GNMC-member initiated activities and as well as ongoing pipeline of future opportunities.
- Ensure that GNMC members are informed of opportunities, benefits, standard practices and guidelines for sharing, establishing and running collaborative projects.
- Work with the Forum's media and event programming teams to enable visibility of relevant community member activities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in a science or technology discipline, or Public Policy, International Relations or related fields.
- 1-3 years professional experience in community management, event management, administration or a coordinating function.
- Self-starting, customer-oriented team player with excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects in a highly collaborative environment and thrive in situations of high ambiguity.
- Strong interest in and understanding of relevant issues (new mobility, technology and innovation, urban design, policy and governance) and the connections between them.
- Team player and self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills and English fluency, both spoken and verbal; fluency in another language is a plus.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of recent digital platforms, including Salesforce, is an advantage.