Site Reliability EngineerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse, Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Role Details:CBS Interactive is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer for our online television and media-focused web properties. In this role, you will be building systems that support the lifecycle and visibility of sites which have global reach and scale. We aim to monitor everything and to automate everything!
- Write infrastructure-as-code using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Terraform.
- Design and build monitoring platforms that provide real-time visibility for service-owners.
- Work with our Cloud Engineering team to contribute improvements to our cloud platform.
- Collaborate with service-engineering teams to orchestrate and visualize their applications.
- Design and maintain automation workflows for CI/CD systems, such as Jenkins.
- Engage in active troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, performance-tuning, and post-mortem exercises.
What you bring to the team:You have-
- Strong knowledge of Linux internals and shell scripting.
- Experience with one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, and Go.
- Experience with Docker or other container runtimes.
- Familiarity with administration of MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other relational databases.
- Familiarity with container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm.
- Familiarity with cloud tools and products such as GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled