CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse, Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the HR Manager to support recruitment campaigns for individual roles.
- Co-ordinate interviews for Hiring Managers and HR.
- Ensure recruitment trackers are maintained and continually improved.
- Depending on capability and time, support HR team by assisting with interviews, making offers and liaising with candidates regarding contracts, benefits and start dates.
- Arrange for new hires to come into the office prior to their start date to present their proof of right to work in the UK.
Induction & Integration
- Initiate the new hire checklist and process in a timely manner.
- Create personal files for all new starters and ensure that all documentation is present and completed.
- Enter new starter information onto the relevant systems (Leave System, HRIS and employee directory)
- Notify internal teams (IT and Facilities) of new starter details and start date.
- Responsible for arranging induction sessions and in time conducting HR inductions with new starters.
- Arrange new starter photo sessions every quarter.
- Request employment references for all new starters.
- Send out announcement reminder emails and probation reminder emails to line managers and escalate any issues to HR Manager when appropriate.
Payroll & HRIS system
- Collate and input all relevant information relating to payroll on a monthly basis (i.e. new starters, leavers, tax forms, benefits, contract changes, sickness absence and maternity/paternity pay).
- Process monthly payroll for casual workers.
- Hand out payslips each month.
- Provide reports to the department and the business when necessary with support from HR Manager.
- Ensure all paper and electronic files are SOX compliant at all times.
- Maintain and update HRIS and employee directory with any employee changes.
- Answer employee queries relating to their payslip.
- Data entry for APAC (new joiners, leavers, contract changes)
- Co-ordinate training carried out in-house, including sending out invitations, reserving and setting up rooms, organising lunches and collating evaluation forms.
- Monitor and track training sessions for reporting purposes.
- Send feedback evaluation forms after each training session.
Compensation & benefits
- Responsible for processing all employee benefits, including gym membership, childcare vouchers, corporate AMEX accounts, pensions, health benefits and season ticket loans.
- Ensure that monthly pension payments are made using the Hargreaves Lansdown online system.
Holiday & sickness management
- Manage the holiday and sickness system, including adding new starters and removing leavers and administering reports.
- Draft new starter offer letters and contracts.
- Draft employee letters in relation to any salary, bonus or benefit adjustment and update all relevant systems.
- Draft letters to employees leaving the business and calculate any outstanding holiday and benefits.
- Draft probation letters.
- Draft ad hoc employee letters.
General administration & ad hoc duties
- Maintain employee and general files
- Ensure appropriate security for all HR-related information.
- Assist HR Team with ad hoc projects and duties when required.
Business support for GM of Last.fm
- Schedule calls & meetings both internal and external, across 2 or more-time zones.
- Book seminars/ conferences; ensure bio/ presentations are with organisers.
- Book travel; NY, SF, EU- flights, hotels, train, cars, visas
- Reconcile monthly Amex and cash expenses
- Previous HR administration experience within a busy environment.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced HR department.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with line managers and employees in all levels of the business.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a professional, confident and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proven ability to work confidently and professionally at all times.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Calm, composed manner but having a sense of urgency when necessary.
- A “Brand Champion” for CBS Interactive, balancing the essential attributes of HR (professional, confidential etc.) with the culture of our office.
- Previous experience of payroll administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of current UK employment law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled