The post of Policy Officer (Children’s Services) is managed by the Quality Assurance Manager within the Impact and Intelligence Service, with strong operational links to the Learning and Development Team and the Principal Social Worker.
The Job: This is a full time job - 37 hours per week. Flexible working arrangements can be negotiated where they meet the needs of the service. The post is based at the council offices in Shute End, Wokingham.
The key aspects of the role are:
- Responsibility for driving forward the production, development and publication of the Children’s Services policy and procedure manual, ensuring they are up to date and utilised by staff;
- Drafting policy and procedure documentation in conjunction with social work managers;
- Oversight and communication of research, legislation, policy and good practice;
- Organisation of audit and other quality assurance activities;
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of quality assurance activities and links to learning and development.
The requirements: The person we appoint into this role will have strong analytical skills and the ability to use research and learn from best practice. Policy writing experience and excellent attention to detail is important. Confidence in using Microsoft Office products to a high level is essential. They will be keen to learn and develop in the role with the ability to be flexible in their approach
We offer a competitive salary and a town centre location in addition to a range of other benefits.
The required action:
If you would like to know more about this role please contact Nick Hammond on 07789 920 122 for an initial discussion.
Closing date for applications: 11pm, Tuesday 30th April 2019
Interview date: Friday 3rd May 2019
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 706703
Wokingham Borough Council is an equal opportunities employer. Berkshire