Associate Product Manager, PaymentsBrooklyn, NY
About the TeamKickstarter’s Payments Team provides the internal and external Kickstarter community with a reliable, secure payments platform. Our work touches every area of the site as we work to provide a seamless pledging and funding experience for Backers and Creators. Our ability to develop flexible, scalable solutions opens up more opportunities around how people help creative projects come to life.
About the RoleAs an Associate Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for working on technical projects and product operations within Payments that enable both our business, external users, and internal teams to thrive. By working closely with engineers and internal stakeholders to identify, define, and execute projects to improve our payments infrastructure and monitor operations to ensure system health, you will help ensure a strong, nimble platform for Kickstarter’s products and business operations. You’ll serve as the main point of contact for Payments-related questions and feedback, both internally and externally with our vendor partners. You’ll work closely with our payment provider and other vendors to define, stabilize, and enable new initiatives and products. By researching, diagnosing, and troubleshooting, you’ll help identify solutions and opportunities to improve internal and external system issues and monitor the health of our platform.
- You have 1-2 years of experience in a Product or Project Manager role or Product Support role.
- You’re a versatile problem solver with an appetite for tackling projects big and small.
- You are analytics and organized, yet creative and tenacious in your approach to work.
- You can quickly grasp complex issues and break them down into simple, solvable, and actionable tasks.
- You have strong project planning skills with an eye for detail.
- You’re able to articulate complex financial and technical challenges and solutions to non-technical teammates.
- You are flexible and cool under pressure when facing unique technical situations, with a creative approach to problem-solving to identify and test possible solutions.
- You have a passion for learning new skills and a clear commitment to the continued development of existing skill-sets.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.