Job DescriptionSoftware Engineer- Entry Level
Description:The Thomson Reuters Platform API team is looking for a talented, experienced and motivated software engineer to join our group. Do you want to help lead a transformation at TR to an API-First architecture and build the microservices-based platform that supports it? In this role, you will collaborate with technology peers to design, build and deploy the foundation for the next generation of modern cloud native software applications and services for Thomson Reuters.
You will be part of the cross-functional team that builds tools to allow multiple language integrations to TR APIs, develops automated systems to ensure API quality, integrity and performance, and helps global teams at TR follow the common best practices and standards for API development.
- Write new software, make modifications to existing software, and integrate software applications and modules as part of an agile software development process
- Write well-designed, well-constructed, and well-tested code
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work
- Provide status updates for own scope of work within projects
- Participate in internal team and status meetings
- Research and recommend enhancements and new features, working closely with development leads
- Provide technical support and resolution for customer-related issues
- Provide creative and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Prepare technical specifications and documentation
- Participate in software releases
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Experience coding in Java, NodeJS and/or .NET
- Any or all of the following technical skills are preferred:
- Cloud development on AWS, Azure or GCP
- Developing REST APIs with a good understand of security principles and JWT related standards
- CI/CD automation
- API Management systems
- Identity and Access Management – user authentication and authorization, SSO and federation
- Configuration management tools
- Computer science principles and algorithms
- Able to demonstrate experience and skills in software development best practices, such as:
- Understanding agile/scrum development methodologies
- Working in a team environment to solve problems, identify solutions and improve continuously
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to different audiences
- Writing technical documentation for developers
- Problem-solving and critical thinking
- Continuously learning new skills and technologies
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.