Consultant - ConstructionLocation: London, United Kingdom
Company: Marsh Job ID R_018872-enApplySave Job
You will take full ownership of specific client relationships as well as acting as the conduit between clients, insurers and loss adjusters to reach an agreeable settlement for clients within the Construction industry. This role will works directly with senior managing consultants and leaders to advance the objectives of projects. As a well known brand within the market place, this role provides an exciting opportunity to be exposed to a range of high profile clients, projects and claims. Some of the key operational responsibilities are listed below:
- Work closely with clients to understand and quantify the loss incurred.
- Prepare the claim for complex/large loss submission, ensuring all loss considerations are included.
- Advise and direct colleagues on the research & analysis needs for complex client projects, offering best in class guidance to clients
- Drive the expansion of client relationships for large projects and harness opportunities to gain new clients
- Leverage expert knowledge of industry and best practices in order to advise clients on complex project approaches, methodologies, and tools to provide superior results
- Leverage extensive experience to anticipate roadblocks in client projects, formulating strategic action plans to prevent them
- Review client deliverables and provide advanced recommendations and analysis to support the project
- Lead highly specialized and/or unique projects for clients
- Strong construction industry experience (eg quantity surveyor, risk, project management, planning, cost control, delay analysis).
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Engineering.
- Project Management experience.
- Insurance industry experience (preferred).
- Strong experience in pre-loss services (including governance review, risk assessment, project monitoring).
- Strong experience in post-loss services (delay and quantum analysis, claim management, dispute resolution).
- Experience of Construction All Risk, Delay in Start-up, Property, Liability and/or Business Interruption claims will be highly beneficial, although other insurance lines will be considered.
- Ideally you will be from a construction, engineering, claims, accounting or loss adjusting background, however, other backgrounds will be considered.
About usMarsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal.
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers. ApplyApply Later