Middle Market Underwriter I - ICATLocation: Broomfield, Colorado, United States
Company: Marsh Job ID R_045258-enApplySave Job
Underwriter I – ICATThe Underwriter I is a production underwriter primarily focused on new business for assigned producer offices. The UWI generally underwrites and markets accounts with total insured values up to $50M in values.
Essential ResponsibilitiesTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Meets annual new business production goal, within required risk metrics.
- Underwrites and prices accounts in accordance with ICAT’s underwriting standards, within personal underwriting authority level, and ICAT’s General Agency Agreements (GAA).
- Meets all file documentation standards, complies with underwriting and authority level standards, and passes all audits (both internal and external).
- Responsible for conducting regular and periodic underwriting self-review.
- Reviews and approved Inspection Review findings and recommendations on new business bound; works with UW operations on determining action required.
- Works with assigned Underwriting Assistant on monthly renewals, providing guidance and pricing and best options to market. s
- Demonstrates a proficient knowledge of ICAT’s forms and endorsements, the requirements of the GAA, ICAT’s rating methodology and ICAT’s reinsurance contracts.
- Understands the functionality of all underwriting systems (automated and manual) and utilizes these systems as required.
- At times, will be assigned to assist with or directly write accounts with greater than $25M of values, up to 50M TIV.
- Supports and grows assigned producer relationships (may be within assigned region).
- Provides ongoing customer service and problem solving to assigned producer base.
- Understanding of regional market and competitive landscape.
- Maintain knowledge of and support ICAT’s company values and strategic plan.
- Sit or stand and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach.
- Work is generally scheduled Monday through Friday with some evening, weekend and holiday hours.
- Perform general office administrative activities, including copying, filing and using the phone.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- BA degree in insurance, business or related field preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of progressive business experience within the commercial property underwriting insurance industry or comparable experience.
- Analytical aptitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication including formal and informal presentation skills.
- Knowledge of commercial property forms, pricing and rating methodology, modeling and valuation tools.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Professional presence. Ability to effectively navigate and negotiate situationally.
- Ability to understand, gather, report and act on appropriate market information and trends.
- Work toward CPCU designation preferred
Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT’s inherent promise to policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000 homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of the US. ApplyApply Later