Do you want to work for a FTSE 100 company with an International footprint?
About Our Client
- We are DS Smith, one of the world's leading packaging organisations, with a clear purpose to 'Redefine Packaging for a Changing World' with sustainability at our core.
- With revenue of over €6 billion, 30,000 colleagues across 250 sites in over 40 countries worldwide. We are a provider of sustainable corrugated packaging solutions in Europe supported by paper and recycling operations, and a supplier of specialist plastic packaging worldwide.
- 'Redefining Packaging for a Changing World' is very much at the centre of DS Smith. We are highly innovative and are trusted as a partner by the most prestigious companies and brands in a wide range of sectors including FMCG, industrial and e-commerce.
- Our business model is based on sustainability and we are Europe's biggest recycler of paper and cardboard with a unique supply cycle strategy.
- In the last five years DS Smith has doubled in size and is targeting to double in size again in the next 5 years by continuing to grow, both organically and by acquisition, successfully gaining access to new markets and customers and innovating in new areas.
- Finance is a core function here, we act as business partners and are closely involved in decision making in all areas of the business as well as owning the more specialist area of governance and cash management that are critical to our future success.
- DS Smith is a FTSE 100 Company, headquartered in central London with a truly global footprint and is looking for motivated and ambitious graduates to be part of our journey.
The Finance Graduate programme targets recent graduates with the potential to become future leaders in finance. We are therefore looking for solution-oriented graduates, who are driven by the ambition to perform, champion innovative thinking and aren't afraid to push boundaries. You will need to share our passion for the future of packaging.
This is a 3-year programme, consisting of 3 European 12-month placements (in a minimum of 2 countries). Each placement gives you the chance to work in a different finance department and team, allowing you to deepen your core knowledge and skills in finance and business, whilst gaining broad experience and exposure to senior stakeholders in a commercially focused environment.
As part of the Programme, you will complete the CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) Professional Finance qualification; this is a highly regarded qualification with global recognition in the finance profession.
- DS Smith is looking for ambitious recent graduates who have a track record of real achievement, significant leadership potential and a strong interest in pursuing a career in a dynamic and challenging company.
- Participants will be expected to rapidly produce tangible results and take on real responsibility early in their career.
- In the medium term, DS Smith expects you to achieve an accelerated progression into a management level role in finance with accountability for delivering results.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for outstanding and dynamic individuals who have leadership potential and a strong interest in pursuing a career with a truly international organisation.
- A strong academic record, graduated with a relevant degree
- Fluent in English and at least one other European language
- Unrestricted rights to work in the UK and EU
- Internationally mobile both during the Graduate Programme and beyond
- Keen to pursue a career in Finance, with a drive for results, positive attitude, and high level of determination
What's on Offer
These are exciting opportunities which come with an attractive basic salary reflecting the market rate in country, plus excellent benefits.
DS Smith will provide support to complete the CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) - Professional Finance qualification and additional training to prepare you for management positions.
This programme has been specifically designed to offer early talent the opportunity to rapidly move into management roles in finance within the business following completion of the programme and offers great career progression internationally. You will have the opportunity to travel overseas to complete at least one of your assignments.
Quote job ref: 13985898
+44 190 830 2426