Internship 3D printing for production support
Posted Date 8 hours ago(05/02/2019 16:01)
- Job ID
- Business Area
- Production engineering
- Brussel (Zaventem)
Company InformationTOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
- Background and passion for additive manufacturing / 3D printing processes
- Capable to plan and implement testing of new processes and equipment
- Capable to maintain positive communication with specialists at external companies and research institutes
- Logical thinking and open mind to identify root cause of defects in parts and process chains
- Capable of summarizing, presenting and explaining complex workflows and concepts in simple terms
- University or Masters student in science, material or engineering discipline preferred
- Creative, proactive, capable of acting independently
- Respectable, concise, analytical, and flexible
- Proven ability to deliver projects to full completion
- Fluent in English (TME business language), German beneficial
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- have strong planning and organizing skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- have excellent communication skills
- customer mindset
Your team and your responsibilities
Team/division description:The Production Engineering Innovation Team is responsible for identifying and developing emerging European process technology for pioneering application in Europe and Japan. Our team collaborates strongly with Toyota Motor Corporation (Japan) to identify global trends and propose unique solutions in the European market for further development and implementation.
Your project:You will support investigation, identification and testing of emerging technology across the additive manufacturing / 3D printing process chain. In this activity, you will consider suitability of process technologies for application in manufacture of prototypes, spare parts and functional components for production. You will support the planning and implementation of tests with external companies and research institutes. You will evaluate the demonstrators produced and the characteristics of the processes such as cost, quality, and stability.
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, Zaventem Office (Belgium)
Starting date: March 2019 or later
Duration: 6-12 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyotajobs.com.
OptionsApply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed