Internship in Data Management System Development
Posted Date 8 hours ago(05/02/2019 16:12)
- Job ID
- Business Area
- Production engineering
- Brussel (Zaventem)
Company InformationTOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
- You can readily grasp and break down activities into simple steps including critical factors for those steps (inputs, outputs, resources, contribution to goal)
- You can consistently illustrate and visualize work steps and their contribution to their ultimate goal.
- You communicate and work effectively with other people and stakeholders with varying technical competencies and at different levels in the organization.
- You collect information efficiently and validate that it is correct so that people can trust in your work.
- Creative, proactive, capable of acting independently.
- Capable of summarizing, presenting and explaining complex workflows and concepts in simple terms. You understand the importance of explaining, gaining consensus and approval.
- Final year Masters student preferred.
- Presentable, polite, concise, analytical, and flexible.
- Languages: English.
- 12 month assignment starting Oct 2019 is preferred.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- have strong planning and organizing skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- have excellent communication skills
- customer mindset
Your team and your responsibilities
Team/division description:The Production Engineering Innovation Team is responsible for identifying and developing emerging technology for application both in global Toyota and in our local manufacturing centers in Europe. Our activity is focused on new production processes, measurement technologies, and internet of things.
- Investigate and visualise the workflow map for existing processes within production engineering functions. This will require strong collaboration with experts from each function to grasp current situation.
- Define and agree the ideal workflow map with key stakeholders for production engineering functions to achieve leadtime reduction of new vehicle development cycle using best practices and inefficiencies identified during current workflow mapping.
- Define Production Life cycle Management (PLM) system for the ideal workflow map defined.
- Benchmark & propose PLM solutions to help achieve ideal workflow map defined including benefit justification.
- Follow development of the PLM solution and manage UAT with key users before rollout to department users.
- Develop an open source data management system/database with SQL source coding and web-based user interface making with python source coding. Primary purpose of this database is handling production engineering data. This system should be developed with a vision to be integrated into the PLM solution adopted by Toyota.
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, Zaventem Office (Belgium)
Starting date: Oct 2019 (negotiable)
Duration: 12 months (negotiable)
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyotajobs.com.
OptionsApply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed