I. Morgan StanleyMorgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
II. Research DivisionMorgan Stanley has earned a strong reputation for the originality of its research and the value it creates among investors and decision makers. Consistently ranked among the top in its field, our Equity Research team looks at economic, market, industry and company data to enhance the performance of clients' global portfolios and to help companies set their strategic direction.
III. Equity ResearchThis is an exciting opportunity to join our Greater China team as a Research Associate based in the Firm’s regional headquarters in Hong Kong and be part of a market leading team, specializing in Internet and Media sectors.
Based in Hong Kong, this role will entail an understanding of companies in a sectors in different countries and putting them in perspective from an Asian and global context. The Research Associate will support the Analyst in database management, financial modeling & analysis, client presentations, understanding press releases or disclosures and research report writing
- Keeping abreast of financials & industry-related developments
- Creating & maintaining financial models leveraging skills in accounting, finance and economics
- Developing & maintaining sector-specific databases
- Drafting & writing company and industry reports
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Responding to requests for data and information from internal and external clients
- Assisting in the design and preparation of analyst marketing strategy and materials
- University degree with 1-3 years of relevant sell-side experience in the financial industry
- Native or professional proficiency in both English and Mandarin necessary
- Experience in covering internet/media sector will be preferred but not required
- Strong analytical ability with a focus on financial modeling and earnings forecasting
- Excellent and well-structured written & verbal communication skills required
- Quick learner with an ability to work well under pressure
- Proactive & hard working with strong professional accountability
- Strong focus on coordination and teamwork