The Distribution and Marketing Investment Banking track is specially designed for those with a particular interest in client advice on financial investments, digital and platform/ analytics distribution and events.
It offers a unique opportunity to gain deeper insights into our specific products, services and comprehensive distribution strategy within our product specialist teams. An assignment in our distribution and marketing department will round off a solid grounding in our multi-faceted business.
The international GTP "Distribution and Marketing" contains four modules including one international stage and is primarily focused on a broad skill set in the management of client relationships, digital distribution management and the tools to put this knowledge to use.
- Platform Solutions
- Advisory – Structured Products
- Distribution & Marketing – Digital, Event, Platforms & Analytics
- Master's degree in business administration (focus on marketing as an advantage), international business, management & law, journalism, business psychology
- Dedicated for graduate functions, preferably with little relevant practical experience
- Good communication skills, Cross-linked mindset
- Pro-active attitude, team player, able to work under pressure
- Willing to complete additional training courses
- Fluent (oral and writing) in German and English
- CH or EU citizen
Insights from our graduate
- B.A. with a major in business from the University of Basel, M.Sc. in business and economics form the University of Basel
- Joined Vontobel as a graduate in 2017
- Was occupied as working student in different sectors and companies, amongst others in the financial sector in branding and project management
- Loves to travel all around the world and explores new places and other cultures
What convinced you about this program?
With its mix of operational tasks in the IB-department, marketing and the possibility to partake in projects, the program promises a good combination and variety. As you are included in the daily business life as of day one and are given the freedom and responsibility to fulfil your own tasks, you can broaden your skillset very quickly.
What has been your personal highlight in your program so far?
What struck me from the beginning wasn’t a special task or project – but the people. They welcomed us with open arms – especially our teams – and are there for you if the need arises. Additionally there are the other GTP’s. We were all introduced on our first day and are meeting up on regular basis; even after work.
What is your advice for anyone interested in this GTP?
If you have a flair for financial products, are interested in a varied program and are eager to learn in dynamic surroundings, the GTP programs might be just right for you. Be proactive, open-minded and don’t hesitate to approach the people here and ask a lot of questions!