SAP Concur - Revenue Assurance Specialist JobApply now »
- Start apply with Xing
- Apply Now
Date: Jan 11, 2019
City:Manila, 00, PH
Requisition ID: 202433
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
COMPANY DESCRIPTIONSAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Responsibilities:Responsible for reviewing customer contracts, updating customer/contract information in the Billing system, performing Billing/invoicing processes, review of transaction/processes of the staff accountants and providing month-end close support to the Revenue Accounting team. The ideal candidate will have experience working with accounting and/or Billing systems and a strong analytical and problem solving ability. Strong foundation in general accounting and experience in revenue recognition matters are highly desirable. This position reports to the Supervisor of Global Revenue Billing, and works directly with Billing/RA Accountants.
- Perform contract revenue billing functions:
- Set up new customer accounts and orders in the billing system.
- Update customer account and billing information in the billing system.
- Prepare/review customer invoices for standard and non-standard contracts.
- Prepare pro forma bills, credit memos and billing adjustments.
- Research and resolve billing exceptions in the billing system.
- Ensure that billing is set up to meet Revenue Recognition and other Accounting Policies.
- Perform quality assurance to ensure Billing is complete and invoices are prepared accurately and timely.
- Proactively identify billing issues and work with appropriate business partners to resolve them.
- Identify process and/or system improvement opportunities, recommend solution, obtain necessary approval and assist with implementation.
- Review customer contract/addendum:
- Determine billing requirements to properly set up/update billing system (Metranet).
- Identify any revenue recognition and billing issues with the contract/addendum.
- Provide internal/external customer support:
- Respond timely to customer billing inquiries received from internal and external customers.
- Assist Revenue Accountants in month-end close process:
- Prepare reports and analysis detailing monthly Billing activity.
- Prepare and/or facilitate with reconciliations.
- Prepare and/or provide support for unbilled revenue accruals.
- Support Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Audit requirements:
- Ensure compliance in meeting Sarbanes-Oxley controls and requirements.
- Assist with retrieval of data/support documents in satisfying various internal and external audit requests.
- Support team:
- Contribute in team concept; assist team in managing group work-load and support team projects.
- Perform special projects as requested.
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies.
- Handle minor/small projects that can be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 2-3 years working experience within finance/billing environment, preferably from a software company.
- Complex contract billing experiences a plus.
- Understanding of GAAP, IFRS and Revenue Recognition experience a plus.
- Interest and aptitude to work with high volume of data processing is desirable.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills.
- Must be flexible and willing to work in a high-growth, limited resource environment where priorities change to meet changing business conditions.
- Must be able to prioritize and solve problems with little direct supervision.
- Strong work ethic (there will be occasional over-time during Month/Quarter/Year End).
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills required. MS Access skills preferred but not required.
- Experience with Tier 1 ERP (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft, etc) preferred, but not required. Prior working knowledge of SAP enterprise financial systems a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience participating in month-end close process a plus.
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience a plus.
- Prior experience working with auditors a plus.
WHAT YOU GET FROM USSuccess is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional LocationsJob Segment: Revenue, SAP, ERP, Accounting, Oracle, Finance, Technology
Apply now »
- Start apply with Xing
- Apply Now