Portland, OR, US, 97205
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Job SummaryProvides the first-level of supervision to a staff of Sales Engineers, and oversees their activities to assure that the company and customers are provided the best technical sales support and expertise. Provides support and advise coaching to staff to meet customer’s current and emerging communication needs. Supports sales acquisition of new customers, and helps increase account penetration into the existing customer base by supporting the team to deliver innovative and creative technical design, and represent the company solutions to prospects. Influences process improvement initiatives by removing barriers, and modifying or enhancing current processes.
- Builds a high performance team, hires and retains the right talent in the right roles, sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable, and develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and take action. Demonstrates Company’s values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change, provides timely information, communicates context for business decisions, recognizes accomplishments and fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- Develops and ensures attainment of new sales and margin growth for strategic accounts which contribute to the company’s bottom line through increasing revenue to meet or exceed company revenue and market share objectives on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Develops and implements long-term product strategy with sales management to ensure existing and potential customers are provided with options and enhancements to their existing network.
- Develops and implements strategies and plans with sales management to recapture business lost due to the company's service limitations, network quality, tariff, and/or pricing issues. Recommends process improvement initiatives.
- Establishes and controls expenses and operating budget by participation in the planning process and maintenance of approved plan and budget. Oversees and participates in programs that ensure the attainment of expense objectives and recommends programs to control and correct budget overruns.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation and presentation of technical proposals to customers and provides leadership and technical guidance to staff and customer technical staff to ensure full understanding of how the company's services will best meet the customer’s needs.
- Provides technical guidance to Sales Engineers as well as internal and external customers as needed in the development and implementation of technical customer solutions and removes barriers to enhance the customer experience.
- Partners with the account team to ensure the accuracy of data for each opportunity in the sales funnel.
- Overall knowledge of internal network and competitive voice, data, internet applications, and technologies is required.
- In-depth knowledge of technical terminology related to company products and services.
- Prefer working knowledge of communications equipment such as PBX’s, Routers, CSU/DSU’s, Data Switches, etc.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate, influence, and build relationships with C-level executives.
- Deep and wide technical knowledge around product life-cycle (from engineering through operations).
- Operational understanding of telecommunications ordering, provisioning, and billing processes.
- Exceptional strategic planning and account management skills are required.
- Experience in consultative sales techniques and account planning.
- A clear track record for consistently exceeding revenue goals.
- Ability to multi-task and work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to travel as needed (Approx. 50%).
- Security clearance may be required.
EducationBachelors or Equivalent in Engineering General or Other
Alternate Location: US-Oregon-Portland
Requisition #: 209153
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.