- Job: 19967-KCAR
- Department:Marketing Services
Duration: 4 months (begins Mar 2019)
This Developer will be part of a team that is responsible for delivering and supporting a world-class Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) solution. You'll develop responsive front-end components leveraging the Bootstrap framework. Your role will span all aspects of the CMS Authoring experience including building pages in the CMS, training CMS authors, understanding website/authoring issues and enhancement requests. This person should have strong technical skills and be able to develop using the latest front-end technologies (HTML/CSS) while having some exposure to backend programming languages (Java, Groovy) with an eagerness to expand that knowledge.
- Manage web projects from concept to business requirements through all phases of implementation.
- Work with adjacent development teams to implement integrated technical solutions.
- Develop front-end code in a timely and high-quality manner while leveraging site standards including site structure, page templates, navigation and the site information architecture.
- Build AEM authoring components
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and stable web solutions that meet business needs.
- Utilize AEM to layout pages, troubleshoot issues, and train authors of the system.
- Translate business goals into technical requirements, conduct code/design reviews, and drive the technical implementation of web projects throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assign tasks and coordinate with offshore resources.
- Partner with Creative Services and User Experience to develop effective/engaging designs.
- Use a shared standards library to be used by all web teams.
- Help with day-to-day operational tasks and assist in ensuring the quality of our website.
- Own and drive specific area(s) of website functionality such as search, videos, web site performance – including but not limited to:.
- Triage issues in those areas
- Prioritize enhancement stories
- Develop features for those areas of responsibility
- Work in an agile, rapid development, and prototyping environment
- Write stories with effective problem statements, acceptance criteria, and qualification activities
- Experience coding front-end standards-compliant HTML/CSS that is scalable and cross-browser compatible.
- Knowledge of web project lifecycle including front-end/back-end development.
- Successful track record interfacing and communicating effectively across cross-functional teams and with clients.
- Experience working with content management systems (CMS).
- Adobe Experience Manager preferred
- Exposure to developing new functionality (templates and components) in Content Management System
- Experience developing in Adobe AEM/CQ product (WCM, DAM, CQSE, CRX) preferred
- Familiarity with Java and Groovy
- Eagerness to expand knowledge of Java and Groovy and grow into AEM developer
- Ability to juggle several projects simultaneously, meet deadlines while paying strong attention to details.
- Understanding of usability and design best practices.
- Experience collaborating with a variety of stakeholders and colleagues
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Why MathWorks?It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.