As a Mars Engineering Leadership Experience trainee, you’ll be keeping our success story moving forward. Finding new ways for engineering, pushing forward innovative ideas and leading technically complex projects across Europe. You’ll make a big impact.
Here at Mars, we think it is important that you can enjoy as many varied experiences as possible. From the moment you join, you’ll be responsible for your own engineering project and become part of the European trainee community. You’ll be a change maker too, changing how we do business and changing as you grow your capabilities.
What will you be doing?
- We like to empower our people. You’ll undertake three, completely different one-year placements:
- in year one you’ll manage your own project, such as designing a new production line for Pedigree or installing a new robotic wrapping machine for more than 800 Mars bars a minute.
- in year two, you’ll live and work abroad, expanding your cultural awareness and deepening your engineering skills through a more challenging project
- in year three, you’ll gain your first line management experience, with your own team in a production or maintenance environment
What will you get?
- We have an ongoing commitment to your growth and development and will provide you with a great line manager, a mentor, a coach, and a MELE buddy, as well as opportunities to meet some of the best and brightest people in the business.
- While most of your learning will come through on-the-job-experience, you’ll attend workshops annually to help you, to develop all the skills you will need to become one of our future leaders and build a rewarding career.
- As an associate at Mars, you can enjoy all kinds of great perks including highly competitive benefits packages, open offices, and fun freebies. Some of our locations even let you bring your pets to work!
Who we look for?
We’re looking for people who can build great leadership skills as well as developing their technical capability. You’ll need to be full of drive and ambition to become one of our future leaders and enjoy responsibility. We have an open and collaborative culture, so building relationships and actively seeking out to engage and interact with others will be critical to your success.
We look for certain features:
- International mobility
- Fluency in English and another European language
- Readiness to work in a multicultural team to solve business challenges through the application of leading-edge technology
- A master’s degree in mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering
Find out more about the MELE and meet our trainees please click here.
To apply click on the "Apply now" button.