Littleton, CO, US, 80210
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Job SummaryThe successful Principal Engineer will have professional knowledge of, and skills in applying, theories, concepts, principles, and methodologies of an engineering/planning discipline. The Principal Engineer will be responsible for planning, engineering and implementation activities that are network specific, premise specific, customer specific or a combination of all.
- Architect, Design, and build Wi-Fi networks utilizing industry best practices
- Assist other teams with creating customer specific Wi-Fi designs
- Assist with the integration of Engineering, Operations, & Information Technology practices required for the ongoing support of Wi-Fi
- Analyze coverage with propagation modeling tools
- Optimize the RF environment for assigned networks
- Predict, manage, and augment radio capacity
- Project the strategic impact of evolving wireless ecosystem(s)
- Troubleshoot complex RF problems
- Lend RF expertise to leadership for various initiatives.
- Order equipment for assigned projects
- Create and track budgets for assigned projects
- Build business cases for various initiatives
- Provide leadership and direction for various wireless initiatives
- Prepare plans and specifications, to include gathering field data.
- Provide cost data to support capital planning and budgeting.
- Monitor and control project expenditures.
- Analyzes local and wide area network systems and/or customer network environment, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication.
- Detailed planning skills and knowledge of one or more geographic area or technology with the ability to proactively monitor and manage capacity needs of the network
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience and training.
- Proven design leadership and deployment for different types of Wi-Fi systems
- Multi-Dwelling Unit
- Multiple-Tenant Unit
- Shopping Centers
- Metro Wi-Fi
- A strong knowledge of Wi-Fi best practices architecture
- Recent hands on experience with provisioning Wi-Fi network infrastructure
- Access Point(s)
- Strong experience with hospitality Wi-Fi
- Strong business knowledge
- Ability to generate financial business cases
- Expertise in other wireless disciplines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus on RF Engineering
- Strong knowledge of Wi-Fi systems
EducationMasters or Equivalent
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Kansas-Gardner; US-Kansas-New Century; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 208561
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/