Req ID 84082
- Country (1) - Location / Office (1) -
If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
Summary of the roleIn this role, you’ll be responsible to assist with the Travel Management & Expenses for our Amadeus sites in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg. This also includes responsibilities of the Accounting Payable of the Amadeus site located in Netherlands according to the accounting (IFRS) principles, legal requirements and corporate policies.
Main responsibilitiesTravel expenses for Benelux:
- Checking & posting travel expenses and other financial information whilst also ensuring compliance of the travel and expense policy. This will also involve requesting necessary documentation, if required, according to the fiscal and audit requirements.
- Setting payment proposals according to the corporate payment calendar.
- To support, provide trainings and guidance to travellers (internal customers) when requested / needed.
- Travel related P&L impacts analysis and conclusions reporting on a quarterly basis.
- To maintain & update the user guides and all travel related documentation. This also requires continuous reviewing and recommendation for policy updates.
Accounts payable & asset accounting for Netherlands:
1. Running & marketing costs:
- Request, obtain, check and account for running and marketing cost invoices.
- Check material management (MM) posting to financial information (FI).
- In coordination with the local finance team prepare and account for the monthly cost accrual file.
- Prepare, and account for the payment orders and file documentation.
- Follow up and control on vendors and related accounts.
- Prepare accounts payable (AP) standard reports in order to provide timely and accurately required information on accounting transactions.
2. Personal expenses: Posting of payroll and other personal expenses related (accrual holidays, bonus, severances etc.). Account and check for monthly accruals. This process has to be developed in close relation to the payroll external provider.
3. Assets: Proactively support in the contract negotiations and review them from an accounting perspective to guarantee the accomplishment with corporate policies, including IFRS financial requirements. Request, obtain, check and account for tangible and intangible assets, addition, disposals, impairment, capitalization and monthly depreciation.
4. Distribution cost: Request, obtain, check and account for distribution costs. Reconcile credit report with invoices and prepare payment proposals to travel agencies. In coordination with the local finance team prepare the monthly cost accrual file for the distribution costs.
- Years of experience:
- Between 1 - 3 years' experience in a multinational company.
- Prior experience in a Share Services Center position (finance or accounting department in a multinational environment) would be an asset.
- University degree in Business/Economics/Accounting/Finance or equivalent degree.
- MBA or postgraduate studies considered a plus.
- Business understanding:
- Good knowledge of finance functions and requirements.
- Basic knowledge of the organization and travel industry is a plus.
- Excellent level of both English and Dutch, both written and oral
- Intermediate level of French and Spanish is an asset.
- Skills and knowledge:
- Accountability & Proactivity
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Customer Focus
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.