Evansville, Indiana, United States
Import/Export Customer Operations Specialist
RBis the world’s leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands.
A fantastic opportunity is available for an Import/Export Customer Operations Specialist to join our supply team in Evansville, IN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support day-to-day Import/Export shipments, regulatory compliance and coordinating accurate and timely documents with US Customs, FDA, and USDA. Provide guidance for government regulations, policies, and guidelines mandated by government agencies.
- Maintain proper HTS codes, Schedule B codes, FDA codes, valuation and country of origin, entry and export procedures.
- Work with Suppliers importing goods into the USA to ensure correctness of import documents and the appropriate transportation method.
- Interface with the MJN Customs Broker to ensure correctness of US Customs and FDA filings and release documents.
- Knowledge of tariffs, contracts, classifications, discounts, accessorial charges and other price related issues to work with 3PL’s to resolve freight payment discrepancies and provide root cause analysis.
- Act as point of contact internally to MJN associates to support one-off export/import shipments in support of other MJN divisions as needed.
- Audit invoices from Freight Forwarders to support import and export shipments. Provide verification of audit to manager to support approval of invoices in portal.
- Respond to inquiries regarding order changes, unforecasted order requests and timing of expected shipments by consulting databases, queries, and conferring with plant planners.
- Manages order quantity and timing with manufacturing variances to target to eliminate or minimize write-offs of inventory and meet with on time shipment deliverables.
- Communicates with warehousing/logistics regarding order status, consolidation potential, and desired ship dates for markets replenished to a targeted day supply.
- Executes the required steps to ensure that supporting SAP system master data is proactively set up to permit ordering and shipment of new items for markets.
- Works for reduce cycle time for order fulfillment through timely communication of information to third party logistics provider and recommending changes to business processes.
- Communicates ideas effectively to ensure accuracy and consistency of understanding of events, plans and consequences.
- Establishes strong internal and external working relationships and demonstrates diplomacy when dealing with sensitive information.
- Enters forecast for Trade customers in SAP to ensure timely production and shipments.
- Revises NAFTA and CAFTA Certificates of Origin annually, with the necessary back-up documentation.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Other Responsibilities and Skills Required:
- Able to establish strong internal and external working relationships and demonstrates diplomacy when dealing with sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and resources to maximize personal and function productivity and efficiency. Recognize and proactively adjust schedules and resources to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in the business, changing plans and tactics as desired to meet MJN objectives.
- Understanding of order fulfillment process with includes order entry, warehousing, shipping, invoicing and collection.
- Associates Degree or greater preferred
- 2+ years of transportation or distribution experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- Fast paced.Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
- Growth.Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here¡ RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands.http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You´ll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the Company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through betterrbusiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps.Does working internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people.We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation.We offer 4 weeks´ vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In return, RB will offer you a very competitive salary with excellent benefits, a fast-paced working environment with incredible opportunities to develop yourself, and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organization.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.